HNW - embroidered book covers

Bradshaw, Beth Beth.Bradshaw at CareAmerica.com
Mon Sep 14 16:14:00 PDT 1998

I have the book at home, and of course I am at work. I will bring it in
tomorrow and  and give all the details, if no one else gets there before
me<G>
Beth
 ----------
From: Christina
To: H-needlework list
Subject: HNW - embroidered book covers
Date: Monday, September 14, 1998 3:56PM

Hi!

    I'm looking for information on embroidered book covers.  I have a
vague memory of seeing a reference to a bible cover embroidered by Q.
Elizabeth I as a small child, but I can't lay my hands on it.  I am
particularly interested in the Tudor/Elizabethan time period, but I'll
take anything.  Was it only bibles that were covered?  What embroidery
styles were used?  Is that the only piece out there, or are there more?

Thanks!,
 -Magdalena