HNW - embroidered book covers

Carl and/or Anne Adamczyk grania1 at juno.com
Mon Sep 14 20:21:27 PDT 1998

Hi Magdalena!

The cover you are thinking of was a   project in the premier issue of
Threadneedle Street,  a magazine which explored historic needlework.  I'm
not sure the magazine survived the market for which it was intended.  I
did the book cover you refer to.  It was a prayer book cover made by QE1
for her stepmother Katherine Parr, as a gift.  It featured knotwork style
goldwork and Katherine Parr's initials in the center of the design.  I
would be glad to photocopy the article for you, if I can remember what I
did with it, as it was back about 2 1/2 years ago that I  did the project
and significantly longer before that since the article was published.

Grania