HNW - beyond 1600, many questions

Charlene Charette charlene at flash.net
Thu Sep 17 12:29:30 PDT 1998

Carolyn Kayta Barrows wrote:

> So is this list just SCA folks in Ansteorra?  Or do you talk about
> needlework which happened after 1600?  I joined the SCA in 1971, but I do
> other periods too.  I was really hoping that this list would be a place
> where I could discuss all the historical periods for which I do needlework.

The list is owned and maintained by Ansteorrans, but is open to all comers from
all periods.  Because of word-of-mouth advertising and critical mass the
discussion does tend to be mostly pre-1700, but I suspect that will fluctuate
based on people's interests; such as yours :-).  I wanted to start such a list
because not all needlework really fits the historic costuming list and because
most modern needlework lists that I've seen have too much chit-chat.  Pug was
wonderful about setting the list up on his "ansteorra" machine for me.

Welcome aboard,
- --Charlene, list maintaner

- --
The only difference between a rut and a grave are the dimensions. -- Patricia
Swerda