HNW - tambour work

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Fri Sep 18 07:21:27 PDT 1998

Dear Kayta- and  List:

< I never knew anyone who actually did tambour, and now I am listening to
several of them.>

About 3 years ago I was speaking to the owner of Beggar's Lace (what a
catalog!) She said she was in touch with an elderly woman in Belgian who
had been doing tambour work for untold ages. There was talk of a book.
(ooooo!)

Does anyone here get Beggar's Lace catalog? Did anything ever happen with a
book? It's certainly time for a major workonthe subject, or is there one
already?My Russian needlework books have some pictures here and there, and
most general overview books do, but are there special books just on tambour
work? (inquiring minds want to know)

- --Kathryn
SCA:  Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"