HNW - Re: HNW Quick question - way off present topic.

mharrison mharrison at feist.com
Fri Sep 18 18:17:38 PDT 1998

A question has come up on another list asking for a simple definition to
distinguish embroidery from crewel work.  We fully realize that one uses,
almost exclusively, wool, but embroidery likewise, sometimes, uses wool.
We've also heard that crewel was established much later - 1800's where
embroidery has been around longer.  However, what makes something crewel and
not embroidery with wool?

Any simple answers or are the lines blurred here?

Isabeau
Curious in Calontir