HNW - tambour work

Lisa R. martyr at gti.net
Sun Sep 20 00:07:23 PDT 1998

Hi Susan & HNW-
Just had to chime in here to say how glad I was to see Tambour work as a topic
on HNW.
I  recently purchased a table top tambour frame for $40, a needles set, got
Pieceworks, & the Fukuyama book & immediately gave Tambour-ing a try. Right now
I am still just practicing, trying to master the technique, get the stitches
uniform, etc. Eventually,  planning on doing either an elaborately beaded,
sequined length of trim or a dress bodice-or maybe both..
My question here IS: are there any other tambour lace or beading patterns/
pattern books available other than the Fukuyama? Any period designs, like those
available for bobbin lace? I haven't seen any so far in the better lace supply
catalogs. Where exactly would one look for old Tambour work designs/patterns?
Could they be found in period ladies' needlework magazines?
Also, could patterns for other types of lace be adapted for tambour work?
Any input much appreciated!

Sincerely,
Lisa Rand
martyr at gti.net