HNW - tambour work

Carolyn Kayta Barrows kayta at slip.net
Sun Sep 20 03:34:38 PDT 1998

Where exactly would one look for old Tambour work designs/patterns?
>Could they be found in period ladies' needlework magazines?
>Also, could patterns for other types of lace be adapted for tambour work?

Look for patterns with continuous lines.  That's the way the thread/yarn
goes onto the cloth, so look for designs which do this.  Look for designs
for chain stitch or 'darned net', because these apply the thread/yarn in a
similar way.  Don't forget to design your own patterns.  (Those folks in
period did, which is why we have their patterns now.)  Research the period
style till you can emuate it, then do so.

Kayta
     ////.\\\
     |   -- ))))