HNW - Cleaning Needlework

Carmen J Beaudry mor-plentyn at juno.com
Tue Sep 22 09:25:10 PDT 1998

You need to find out what your dry cleaner is using, and ask if there are
alternatives.  It will probably cost more.  Years ago, when I worked for
a costume shop/vintage clothing store, there was one dry cleaner in town
we worked with for our very fragile items.  They hand-cleaned, rather
than by batch, and they used extremely gentle cleaners, in at least one
case I know of using white clay to remove grease from 150 year old silk.

Carmen/mermaid/Melusine
mor-plentyn at juno.com