HNW - Cleaning Needlework

Dick Eney dickeney at access.digex.net
Tue Sep 22 09:07:30 PDT 1998

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998 EowynA at aol.com wrote:

<snip>
> But pencil (graphite) is not an organic stain.

It just occurred to me... some time ago I had some graphite marks on my
white telephone, and they wouldn't come off for anything.  I had the phone
repairman in (this was a long time ago) for something else, and he cleaned
the phone with rubbing alcohol, which worked perfectly.  Now, rubbing
alcohol has other junk in it to make it unusable for food use, but I
believe vodka is fairly pure.  That might be worth testing on your test
scraps.

=Tamar