HNW - Museum Photography, V and A

Linn Skinner skinner02 at sprynet.com
Wed Sep 23 18:10:52 PDT 1998

Kayta:

As far as the V&A goes, I photograph there several times a year.  They flip
back and forth on the use of flash.  Right now there is no restriction as to
flash.  Hand held is okay.  Must be for your personal use, not for
publication.  I just returned last night from a week's research there and
had great fun with my new digital camera.  I got some really great shots,
some only of a quality to use as notes for my research.  If I want a really
great shot of something, I order a photo from the photo library there.

Another resource in London is the British Museum which has the same general
rules.  I just shot a series of photos of needles there.

Linn Skinner
Skinner Sisters