HNW - Edwardian beading

Aceia@aol.com Aceia at aol.com
Thu Sep 24 07:54:16 PDT 1998

>I had planned to 'cheat' and use that modern beading
>thread everyone recommends.  Will that be any better than the cotton still
>doing its job on the original?

I don't know too much about historic beading, but I do know that Modern
beading thread is stronger and more durable when using 'sharp' beads like
bugle beads.  It does not cut as easily.  If all you are using is glass seed
beads that are rounded on the ends, cotton will work fine.  Modern beads are
machine produced and many (especially bugle beads) are literally broken into
the correct size which leaves very sharp edges.

- -Robin