HNW - Stumpwork

Connie Carroll Connie.Bunny at worldnet.att.net
Mon Sep 28 21:38:08 PDT 1998

Fiondel,

I'm pretty sure that the ones I saw were period. I plan on going back
to the EGA library in a couple of weeks to look at the books they
have.

Looking at the Piecework issue: it shows a mid-seventeenth century
piece  and a circa 1525 piece, but they are not clear on exactly what
the articles are. It only sats "linen foundation" and"stumpwork
orphrey" I don't know what the latter is.I'm going to feel really
dumb if it's something simple.

Kassandra