HNW - Heart of Cross Stitch Festival

Linn Skinner skinner02 at sprynet.com
Fri Jul 2 08:01:46 PDT 1999

Hi Jacquie:

I'm really looking forward to our class.  The one thing you probably need
that won't be mentioned in your advance material from the Heart folks is a
hoop or small frame to do a little stitching in.  We mostly work on design
layout of the coif if you want to do an entire coif.  Then most folks worked
on a bit of the coif design in actual size or an enlarged bit and practiced
braid stitch with some different fibers.  They felt the lack of a hoop or
q-snaps or small frame.  You will have one piece of linen for the coif and a
doodle cloth for practice.  Bring some old embroidery scissors if you want
to try out the various metallic threads or add snips of them to your class
materials for a fiber notebook.

Linn