HNW - gold bullion

lisaleon@hawaii.edu lisaleon at hawaii.edu
Fri Jul 2 20:39:46 PDT 1999

Gold bullion for embroidery was brought up on the h-costume list and that
made me think of the stuff that's been sitting in my basket because I
don't know how to deal with it. How do you cut it into the desired
lengths?

I understand you're not even supposed to touch it with your fingers
because it's so delicate, plus the oils, etc. on your hands might also
cause it to tarnish.  I can see using tweezers to pick up and move pieces
but what's the best way get the whole strand cut into those pieces?

annora