HNW - gold bullion

Linn Skinner skinner02 at sprynet.com
Fri Jul 2 21:54:15 PDT 1999

Annora:

You do handle gold purls (bullion) with some care, and follow the clean
hands rule, but it does require some touching.  Cut it into the desired
lengths using an old pair of embroidery scissors (small, sharp pointed).
The important thing is to use it and have fun with it.

If you have smooth purl substitute lengths of it for bullion knot in designs
(that's why we call that stitch bullion knot).  If you have some check
around, cut it into very, very short lengths and stitch it on like beads in
a random way.  Clustered very closely, it gives a marvelous effect.

Linn Skinner
Skinner Sisters