HNW - lacis vs. filet crochet for Victorian

Pat Carnahan pcarnahan1 at juno.com
Tue Jul 6 19:48:37 PDT 1999

Dear Kathryn,

I had a lot of trouble learning to increase on filet, too. I finally
caught on when I pictured the increase as a box I was building. I use a
chain two, dc as the standard for my filet spaces, with four dc's as a
block. For increasing one space, I picture it this way. The first two
chains are the floor, then three chains for the wall, the last two are
the ceiling, dc in the last dc of the previous row and continue in
pattern. To increase two spaces it's 2 chains for the floor and one chain
to add a wall to, 2 more for the 2nd floor and three up to the top for
the outside wall, 2 more for the ceiling and dc in the one you saved for
the middle wall two more and dc in the last one of the row before. I hope
this makes sense. It's the only way I learned.

Patricia