HNW - Woo-hoo! Yippee!

MCCONNELL, Megan Megan.McCONNELL at suncorpmetway.com.au
Tue Jul 6 20:58:38 PDT 1999

I just had to have a bit of a gloat.  I've just had arrived in the mail (at
work) 2 books on Elizabethan Needlework!

They are books 2 and 3 in the Elizabethan needlework series - published by
Georgeson Press.  The 3 titles are:

Exploring Elizabethan Embroidery by Dorothy Clarke
Elizabethan Needlework Accessories by Sheila Marshall
Festive Elizabethan Creations by Shirley Holdaway

They all have a good section of "know how" - not only of stitches, but also
with some different designs, as well as full projects. (and it looks like I
will have to learn punto in aria - any voulinteers to teach me?)

The designs in these 2 books look to be more in the 'Bethan style than in
the first book (which was rather Jacobean in feel), and some of the projects
are just to die for!

I got my copies for $30.00 each through Heirloom Crafts in Paddington (Qld).
Their sddress is 86 Latrobe Terrace Paddington (ph: 3876 3273), and they
take mail order and phone orders.

Otherwise, you can - in Australia - contact Stadia Trading Pty Ltd at PO Box
357 Beaconsfield NSW 2014 (ph: 02 9565 4666) e-mail stadia at stadia.com.au,
web page www.stadia.com.au.

In the US they are distributed by Access Commodities Inc, PO Box 1355
Terrell TX 75160 (ph: (972) 5633313).

If you have any difficulties, contact the publisher, Georgeson Publishing
Ltd on email: gpl at georgeson.co.nz.

Apparently, they are also going to be putting out the first book in a series
on beadwork projects.

I've put my name on their mailing list!

I feel like christmas has come early - and am inspired massively to do more
Elizabethan work (but first to finish that Or Nue piece........)

Regards,
Megan McConnell
Collections Officer
SUNCORP-METWAY Ltd
GPO Box 1453, Brisbane  Q  4001
ph (07) 3362 1361   Fax (07) 3362 3332
E-Mail:  megan.mcconnell at suncorpmetway.com.au
Web:  www.suncorpmetway.com.au

The contents of this message are the views of the Author and
do not necessarily reflect the views of SUNCORP METWAY LTD.