HNW - Elizabethan Needlework [longish]

lisaleon@hawaii.edu lisaleon at hawaii.edu
Wed Jul 7 00:22:17 PDT 1999

On Tue, 6 Jul 1999, Reid, Andrew (MED_GEN) wrote:
> I recently bought "The Embroiderer's Flowers" in paperback (author escapes
> me at the moment, but I have the book at home if anyone would like more
> details).  One of the most appealling things about this book are the many
> full colour pictures of period embroidery, along with woodcuts from pattern
> books, portraits etc.

I also just bought this book and I agree!  It's by Thomasina Beck.  David
& Charles, 1997, ISBN 0 7153 0692 8.

And
On Tue, 6 Jul 1999 broid at geocities.com wrote:
> I recently received a free sample of silk floss from Eterna Silk.

Andrew, if you're interested in getting some silk floss, check out the
Eterna Silk site that was posted earlier.  Until July 15 you can get
5-meter skeins for US$0.222 each.  Downside is that you have to have a
minimum order of $100.  But the 450 skeins for $100 offer is very
tempting.

> Which would be more appropriate, the stranded or the twist?

I would also like to know what the "mini-twist" is like as the sample I
got was stranded too.

annora