HNW - Woo-hoo! Yippee!

Sarah Randles s-randles at adfa.edu.au
Wed Jul 7 01:08:47 PDT 1999

Linn said:

>I have at least one of the books.  I don't think one needs to look at them
>as mere reproductions of Elizabethan embroidery.  More "inspired by"

Definately true, but I was aiming my comments more at the 're-enactment'
market, and wanted to discourage anyone from thinking that her projects
were the same as the originals.

 and
>exhibiting a wonderful example of a style of Australian design and execution
>that I'm seeing more and more of.

I think this book's by a New Zealander.  (They take to being called
Australians the same way that Canadians take to being called Americans!)  I
have to admit to knowing very little about contemporary Aust and N.Z.
embroidery, although if I can make it to Embroidery 2000, that might
change!  Do you know if there are still openings for teachers, and if they
want art-historical as well as hands on classes?

 Sarah

Sarah Randles                                    email: s-randles at adfa.edu.au
School of English                              phone: 02 6268 8842
University College ADFA                 fax:   02 6268 8899
Canberra ACT 2601
AUSTRALIA

Note: on Mondays and Tuesdays I work at the Australian National Dictionary
Centre - phone: (02) 6249 0476.