HNW - lacis vs. filet crochet for Victorian

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Wed Jul 7 06:49:37 PDT 1999

Dear Patricia:

Thanks so much for your advice about how to increase with filet crochet.
I've printed it out so I can refer to it when I take the  Big Plunge and
decide to actually do it! I'm not quite as scared of the straight pieces,
but there are such lovely shaped ones for antimacassars, doilies, etc. Like
anything else, I'm sure it just takes practice (hah! and they say filet is
easier than lace crochet because you don't have those scary instructions!)

- --Kathryn
SCA:  Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"