HNW - Eliz. Needlework replies

Sarah Randles s-randles at adfa.edu.au
Wed Jul 7 17:29:45 PDT 1999

Andrew,

>I have Jane Ashelford's 16th Cent costuming book from the "Visual History of
>Costume" series (period portraits), very good for costuming but I find most
>of the pictures a little too small and a little too dark (in B&W) to give
>much detail of the embroidery.  What they are good for are to see the
>context of how embroidery was used - placement, amount etc.

I have a feeling that there is more than one Jane Ashelford book on Eliz.
costuming.  I could be mistaken here - does anyone know?

Sarah

Sarah Randles                                    email: s-randles at adfa.edu.au
School of English                              phone: 02 6268 8842
University College ADFA                 fax:   02 6268 8899
Canberra ACT 2601
AUSTRALIA

Note: on Mondays and Tuesdays I work at the Australian National Dictionary
Centre - phone: (02) 6249 0476.