HNW - Book ideas

Reid, Andrew (MED_GEN) reida at mail.wch.sa.gov.au
Wed Jul 7 17:44:19 PDT 1999

Thanks for your posting Prue in which you wrote,
"We are always seeking new innovative Elizabethan ideas - so any suggestions
appreciated."

Wow, an opportunity to say what books we'd like to see.  OK now I know I'm
in Heaven.

Admition of bias - I have a love of all things Elizabethan.  There are some
good books in existence about blackwork, but many of them are quite dated,
lots of 70's style projects (yech).  I'd love to see something more updated,
particularly with examples of stitches and uses from period, as well as new
projects.  My other great love is slips.  The 'Little flowers on canvas' so
loved by Mary in exile.  Tapestry (in the modern sense) is so popular, slips
would perhaps open up new uses of small scale tapestry works to people.
Some slips were done in cross stitch too apparently, although I haven't yet
seen a period piece 'in the flesh' or in a photo close enough to see more
detail.

I hope these ideas are of interest.

Andrew
(SCA - Bartolome Agazzari)