HNW - Etera Silk

Jacquie Samples jacquie-samples at uiowa.edu
Thu Jul 8 06:59:15 PDT 1999

Bren,
Thank you for bringing this new product to my attention!  I mentioned it to
an EGA friend (who has a busines, so she also get free samples from
companies without even asking!).  She told me that she has tried it out a
bit and that:

"It's much thinner than the Needlepoint Silk and "stickier" meaning that it
snags on any rough patches on your hands.  But the price is terrific!"

I garden quite a bit, and did manual labor for years on farms, my hands are
NOT smooth. Has anyone else tried this?  Should I even bother getting any?
Will I even be able to get it wound onto bobbins without ruining it?  I was
all set to gather up the 100 bucks to get the whole 450 color set (love
working with silk, want whole palette to design with, usually broke), but I
don't want to get something that's going to be a total washout!

Thanks for any comments.

Jacquie Samples