HNW - Blackwork Duckies

Patti McCullough paddy at webzone.net
Thu Jul 8 08:16:34 PDT 1999

Greetings to all,

As the result of a joke shared with a friend, I am planning to embroider
a pair of shirt cuffs with blackwork duckies and bunnies.  The bunnies
will be no problem, as I have found a little blackwork hare to use as a
pattern, in the Elizabeth Geddes blackwork book; but I'm having
difficulty finding duckies.  Does anyone happen to know where to find a
nice little blackwork duck that I could use for a pattern?  I am not
particular as to variety or pose, but it would be nice to find one that
was used no later than 1650 or 1700.  If that's not possible, I'll take
what I can get.  Thanks for any help.

Patti McCullough