HNW - RE: h-needlework V1 #384

MCCONNELL, Megan Megan.McCONNELL at suncorpmetway.com.au
Thu Jul 8 18:40:13 PDT 1999

On 8 July 99, Kathryn wrote:
embroidering bands for the covers that went over food (to protect it from
flies and bugs). Gee,makes covers for toilet paper look absolutely normal

I have some pieces like this that my grandma just before and after WWII.  Do
you know what is worse:  I also have a couple of pieces (large ones) on very
fine linen and with embroidered carving knives and forks on them.

My mother said that they were used for 2 purposes:  1.  To cover Roasts
after carving and 2. to put the carving utensils on (both befoe and after
use).

One feels that these ladies had far too much time on their hands!, and I
wish I had as much time to embroider!

Regards,
Megan McConnell
Collections Officer
SUNCORP-METWAY Ltd
GPO Box 1453, Brisbane  Q  4001
ph (07) 3362 1361   Fax (07) 3362 3332
E-Mail:  megan.mcconnell at suncorpmetway.com.au
Web:  www.suncorpmetway.com.au

The contents of this message are the views of the Author and
do not necessarily reflect the views of SUNCORP METWAY LTD.