HNW - lacis vs. filet crochet for Victorian

Carolyn Kayta Barrows kayta at slip.net
Wed Jul 7 05:17:56 PDT 1999

><I am ambidextrous and dyslexic.  This turns out to be an advantage when
>switching from left-to-right to right-to-left.>
>
>Wow! Talk about taking lemons and making lemonade! You must be an absolute
>dazzler with this !

It's great till I have to actually remember which way I was going.
Sometimes I have to ask a friend if the letters are right way around.

>I once browsed through the Caulfield books on Victorian Embroidery.

Some time ago I got an abridged edition of Caulfield, with 1882 adverts in
the front and no colour plates.  I sold it to a friend of mine when I
finally got the two volume Dover edition.  And you're right about the
needleworked Victorian gorp.  Is that the one with the plant stand made
from lobster shells?  :P

Kayta
     ////.\\\
     |   -- ))))