HNW - RE: h-needlework V1 #384

Carolyn Kayta Barrows kayta at slip.net
Wed Jul 7 05:33:11 PDT 1999

>One feels that these ladies had far too much time on their hands!, and I
>wish I had as much time to embroider!

I find that I fill in between things with crochet.  Waiting for an
appointment, waiting for the bus, riding on the bus, riding my exercise
bike, etc.  Victorians spoke of 'improving the time', and they meant
filling in those otherwise dead moments with something useful like crochet
or embroidery.  I believe this is how even not-so-rich women had time to
pave their houses in crochet and all that other needlework stuff.  That's
got to be why we have so much of it now.

Kayta
     ////.\\\
     |   -- ))))