HNW - lacis vs. filet crochet for Victorian

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Fri Jul 9 06:03:41 PDT 1999

Dear Kayta:

<  I can now puzzle thru written crochet instructions if I have to, I just
don't like to have to>

Believe me, I don't like to, either. It *always* takes me two tries to get
it right, now matter how simple the pattern (I feel so stooopid!) My Mom
says that my Grandma (who could barely read or write English) could just
look at a pattern and copy it. I found that once I was doing a lot of
thread crochet I could start looking at pictures and figuring out how to do
part of them. Like many things, it must come with practice.

- --Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"