HNW - Book ideas

Carol Thomas scbooks at neca.com
Fri Jul 9 14:39:53 PDT 1999

At 10:14 AM 7/8/99 +0200, you wrote:
>I hate to seem picky here, but they are actually worked in tent stitch.
>Cross stitch as we know it wasn't really all that common tent stitch was by
>far in the way the most commonly used stitch for this period.  I have this
>book at home so I will check what they write but I have always heard of
>these panels being done with tent stitch not cross.
>Rachel

Based on enlarging the pictures - many slips, including some of Mary QoS's
pieces, are cross stitch in cases I've tested.  So I beg to differ.  It is
easiest to tell when there is damage and you can blow it up large enough to
see the actual stitches.  It is very hard to tell as they are usually tiny
bitty little things, until they are made a lot larger.

Carllein

Small Churl Books catalog: http://www.neca.com/~scbooks/
Last updated: 5-12-99