HNW - Setting Silk Dyes

Sarah Randles s-randles at adfa.edu.au
Sat Jul 10 20:23:42 PDT 1999

Kayta asked:

>How should pre-washing thread be done - in a lingerie bag?  As in, how does
>one prevent tangling and other loss to 'washing machine macrame'?

I'm not recommending pre-washing the thread as such, but pre-washing a test
piece of embroidery to see how the thread behaves.  If the embroidery is
ok, there's no need to wash the thread.  On the other hand, I'd really
recommend prewashing your fabric before you embroider.

Sarah

Sarah Randles                                    email: s-randles at adfa.edu.au
School of English                              phone: 02 6268 8842
University College ADFA                 fax:   02 6268 8899
Canberra ACT 2601
AUSTRALIA

Note: on Mondays and Tuesdays I work at the Australian National Dictionary
Centre - phone: (02) 6249 0476.