HNW - Where is Everyone?

Reid, Andrew (MED_GEN) reida at mail.wch.sa.gov.au
Thu Jul 15 16:32:25 PDT 1999

Kathleen wrote:
"I have not received any messages since Monday.  Are you folks still out
there?  I miss you!
Kathleen"

Susan wrote:
"This is a group question:
What are some new needlework techniques/projects/materials that you've tried
this summer and what did you think about them?
Susan

Hi List,
Summer?  Summer?  <sigh>  Summer is just a faded memory where I live, half a
world away...

I didn't think it had been all that quiet, when I got back from my little
holiday at Midwinter Investiture - a Principality SCA event in Perth,
Western Australia - there were lots of nice interesting emails for me here
at work!  I'm fairly new on the List so maybe you guys are normally
chatterboxes?! <G>

To answer your question about what I've been doing this *winter*.  3 sets of
blackwork shirt cuffs, 1 for me, 1 for the Baron of my SCA Barony
(Innilgard), and 1 for the Baroness.  (In barter for past and future
favours).  I started a banner for my SCA Household, an Elizabethan style
branching tree with with our household badge in the centre and our 6
personal devices (coats of arms) arrayed in the branches, done as slips.  A
couple of 'Order of the Silver Fret' belt pouches, a silver couched fret
design on a blue velvet pouch (Innilgard courtesy award).  That's about it,
I've been doing a manic amount of costuming over the past few months so most
of these projects are progressing slowly.

<Puffing out chest>
I entered and won the Worshipful Company of Broiderers of Lochac (SCA
needleworkers guild in Australia) couching competition last weekend at the
event in Perth.  I entered a men's grey Elizabethan doublet with couched and
beaded 'guards' down the doublet front which I made earlier this year.

Well that's it for me.
Andrew
(SCA - Bartolomeo Agazzari)