HNW - lacis supplies

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Fri Jul 16 08:05:38 PDT 1999

Dear List:

I don't feel I have to reply to "where is everyone"  because I've been
blithering on about the buratto I've  learned. <G>

I have been around and around the mulberry bush (as it were) on the Web
trying to find an alternate, and cheaper source, for premade netting for
lacis/buratto/filet work. The most maddening was a site called Fine
Filaments which ...linked me back to the LACIS web site. :-(

I called Joady (Hedgehog Handworks) and she is going to try and run down a
more economical source for the netting She has some samples from the mid
1980's (the time period of the book I bought that started this Grail
Quest). If Joady can't scare up some netting then I think we are stuck with
 making our own or buying it at the prices LACIS wants. This does, indeed,
seem to be a speciality fabric that is not easy to find. Well, I did,
eventually want to take up netting.....

Back to packing (ETA to house is 17 days)

- --Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"