HNW - Vintage emb.kit

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Fri Jul 23 07:33:29 PDT 1999

Dear List:

I just bought a vintage embroidery kit, which I estimate to be c.1918-1925
(judging from the hair and costume of the smiling lady wearing it on the
label). . It was at my local antiques mall (where I finally purchased that
antique piece of lacis).

I don't want this kit, charming as it is, and am hoping someone on the List
either collects this kind of thing, or actually wants to embroider it. It's
for a fancy little tea apron, with linear embroidery patterns of flowers
stamped on very fine fabric. It's in the originial brown paper envelope
with photo on the front, and absolutely all the bits and pieces,
instruction sheet, etc. are there. The embroidery thread is as bright as
when it was new! There is Pat  Pending everywhere but no date. I can scan
the cover and save as a JPEG to email if anyone is interested. I spent
$7.00 for it and if I add $3.00 Priority Mail= $10.00 total.  Please
contacts me via private email.

The label says "#5829 Bucilla Embroidery Package contains a Fancy Tea
Apron.Stamped on superior quality linen-finish lawn with pink chambray
patches for embroidery in pastel shades, with Bucilla Mercerized Embroidery
Cotton, sufficient to complete the work f ull  instructions for working
included. Complete Outfit: 40 cents"

I will be offline from July 31 to August 7-- we are moving into the house.

- --Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"