HNW - ILL

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Fri Jul 23 08:26:10 PDT 1999

Dear List:

< Sometimes, depending on the policies of both your libraryand the lending
library, you may not be able to take the item out of the
library and must use it there.>

I was suprised to find you can borrow microfilm on ILL! I had tracked down
a microfilm copy of "The Needle's Excellancy" (John Taylor, 1634) in the
Pollard Collection of microfilms at Temple University. My local library (I
was living just outside Philadelphia) said they could borrow it for me and
I could use it at my local library and make hard copies of the pages off
their microfilm readers. As it turned out, I eventually went to Temple
University, showed ID and filled out papers for a temporary Day Scholar
badge. Their microfilm readers made hard copies for only 10 cents a page.

I believe the Pollard Collection also has a full copy of Shorleyker's
"Schoolhouse for the Needle" (Ianthe, did you tell me that?)

- --Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"