HNW - Mail order on Web Sites

Sarah Randles s-randles at adfa.edu.au
Fri Jul 23 21:00:01 PDT 1999

Andrew wrote:

>It was the latch hook rug framed picture of Jesus in lurid colours in the
>last catalogue which really pushed the boundaries of taste however...

Oh wow!  This kind of stuff really tempts me . . .   But lest you think
that bad taste is not historical, I have seen the stumpwork crucifixion
scene, with moveable hands and feet, and spouting blood represented by
wires covered in red silk.  And it was 15th century!  Sometimes I think
it's fortunate that I don't have much time.

Sarah

Sarah Randles                                    email: s-randles at adfa.edu.au
School of English                              phone: 02 6268 8842
University College ADFA                 fax:   02 6268 8899
Canberra ACT 2601
AUSTRALIA

Note: on Mondays and Tuesdays I work at the Australian National Dictionary
Centre - phone: (02) 6249 0476.