HNW - Schole-House for the Needle

Larsdatter, Karen Karen at stierbach.atlantia.sca.org
Mon Jul 26 18:56:15 PDT 1999

Okay, okay, I 'pologize ... I should have sent information on how to
get a copy of the new facsimile edition of "A Schole-House for the
Needle" ... I should know better than to lead y'alls on ;)

Here is the text of the ad for the book:

- -----

A SCHOLE-HOUSE FOR THE NEEDLE

A reprint of a rare Lace and Embroidery Pattern book published by
Richard Shorleyker in 1632

Over 60 illustrations of lace and embroidery patterns from the
sixteenth and early seventeenth centuries with an historical
background by Santina M. Levey, historian and former Keeper of
the Department of Textiles at the Victorian [sic] & Albert Museum.

With an Introduction from the Lace Guild and a Foreword from the
Embroiderers' Guild.

Available only from:

<FontFamily><param>Times New Roman</param>Elizabeth Mason, 44 Beaumaris Ro=
ad, Newport, Shropshire TF10 7BN

Price =A312.50 each plus P&P - UK =A31.25

Surface mail: (All countries) =A32.10

Air mail: Europe =A32.45 - USA =A34.40 - Australia and Canada =A35.15

- -----

I had ordered my copy through the American company which imports
"New Stitches" magazine, and I seem to recall it only cost about $30 plus
shipping.  According to the flyer in this issue, though, it says it costs
$39.50 plus $6.50 for shipping.  I'm not sure this offer is valid for non-
subscribers but it might be.  You can email them at
britstitch at iscope.com to check on that, if ya wanna. :)

Karen<FontFamily><param>Arial</param>