HNW - Blackwork

Linn Skinner skinner02 at sprynet.com
Tue Jul 27 18:28:45 PDT 1999

Kayta:

I think you know my opinion on all this by now, so I won't beat a dead
thread <G>.  Technically, blackwork is just that - embroidery with black
thread.  If anyone who hasn't read it wants my views they can let me know
and I'll send them an archive copy of our blackwork issue of Stitch On Line.

BTW I've been having fun teaching a blackwork master class at the Heart
festivals using a classic period coif as a starting point for design.  What
a batch of innovative stitchers there are out there.  We've also been doing
samplers from pages of Quentel's 1527 Modelbuch.

Linn Skinner
Skinner Sisters
skinner_sisters at compuserve.com