HNW - Blackwork question

Marquez, Pearl pmarquez at psco.com
Wed Jul 28 09:39:42 PDT 1999

if you're doing the blackwork on a cuff, you might want to do it on a
seperate piece of cloth (linen - whatever) and then attach it to the cuff as
you would trim.  this could also work for the neckline.  if you do it for
example on a sleeve, cut out your sleeve pattern, attach it to a frame and
lay down your blackwork pattern and when you're done, attach your sleeve to
the garment.  (by attach to a frame, i mean, like you would with an
embroidery project, pin you material to some kind of underlining, and the
underlining is attached to the frame).