HNW - But _can_ we get a reprint? was Re: Can we get a reprint?

Lauretta Wenger Lwenger at WAUKESHA.TEC.WI.US
Fri Jul 30 06:00:59 PDT 1999

I too am very interested in receiving a copy of this book.  Please, please, please let me know how this can be accomplished.

Lauretta Wenger
lwenger at waukesha.tec.wi.us

>>> Barbara Maren Winkler <barbara at math.tu-berlin.de> 07/30 4:10 AM >>>
Hi,

Charlene wrote:

>The English version of the book is The Art of Embroidery (also titled A
>Pictorial History of Embroidery) by Schuette and Muller-Christensen;
>London: Thames & Hudson, 1964.
>
>It's rarely for sale for under US$350 and I've seen it as high as
>US$585.
>
>Kinko's ... will not copy anything that is copyrighted
>without written permission to do so.  Hence, he checked the copyright
>status for me.  According to him this book is out of copyright unless
>it's been renewed.  To find out if it's been renewed requires a form and
>takes 8-10 weeks.

So yes! I am absolutely interested. If it should turn out that this book is
really out of copyright, Please, please, please, have a copy for me made,
and I'll reimburse you any way I can -- since international checks don't
work (unless Kinko's can charge my VISA card for copying and shipping) --
maybe I could find some book, tools, or material for you here which you
would like to exchange it for.

Thanks very much for the suggestion!

Barbara Maren from Berlin, Germany
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               !