HNW - Hungarian needlework

Heitman fiondel at fastrans.net
Sat Jun 5 07:20:48 PDT 1999

Greetings, fellow needle jockeys.

Last night, I was having a discussion with a woman from here in
our Barony, and it brought up a question.  I'm wondering if one
of you has the answer.

She would very much like to know if the Hungarian "traditional"
costume, with the very-nearly-masochistic amount of embroidery
on the sleeve bands and around the bottom, is period.

Not being an Hungarian personna, and never having had occasion
to research it, I have absolutely no idea.

Does anyone out there know?  Are the Hungarian "folk" costumes
period?  And where would I look for documentation?

Thanks,

Fiondel