HNW - X-Mailer: USANET web-mailer (M3.0.0.118)

Merouda the True of Bornover keltia at serv.net
Mon Jun 7 09:03:37 PDT 1999

> Hello Everyone! My name is Caitlyn MacKenzie and Im new to this list.

Welcome! :)

> I have a
> question...when doing blackwork, should you use only one strand of embroidery
> thread or two?

It would depend on the count of your fabric.  The higher the count of threads on your fabric,
the less floss strands you would need.  There is no rule regarding how many strands to use for
blackwork.

If you don't know the count of your fabric, make a couple samples using different numbers of
thread and use the one that looks best to you.

Cynthia
- --
Cynthia Long
Merouda the True of Bornover