HNW - X-Mailer: USANET web-mailer (M3.0.0.118)

MCAMEROUN@aol.com MCAMEROUN at aol.com
Mon Jun 7 18:54:06 PDT 1999

(snip)

<< I am currently makeing a blackwork table cloth and napkins for my feastgear
 box and wanted it to look period.

 Also, besides black, were there other colors that it was done in?
 Thanks in advance for any help I get... >>

Oh my --- that's great!  What a project, though!

Blackwork is best done with one strand.  The way that I was taught was to be
sure that the thickness of the thread matches the thickness of the linen
thread in the fabric.

Also, 'blackwork' (which was often called Spanish work) was sometimes done in
other colors than black (red was apparently a favorite, too).

I'm including a couple of my favorite websites/links in this email, for those
who can use them (here's hoping that they work!):

<A
HREF="http://www.pacificnet.net/~pmarmor/bwarch.html">http://ourworld.compuser
ve.com/homepages/skinner_sisters/index.html
</A>
http://www.pacificnet.net/~pmarmor/bwarch.html

In service,

Margaret Cameron