HNW - Hungarian needlework

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Mon Jun 7 23:10:58 PDT 1999

Dear Fiondel:

< Are the Hungarian "folk" costumes period?  And where would I look for
documentation?>

Most modern folk costumes are not that old -- although bits and pieces of
some of them are, most national costume is, maybe, 18th century at best.

I had a booklet available (for SCA use) some years ago on Russian/Hungarian
garb. I turned over all publishing rights to the Slavic Interest Group, who
were hoping to translate most of it.. From what I understand, the reason my
research still excites people is that so little is available at all on
Slavic costume in English (I found books written in native tongue). I
suggest you contact Elizabeth Lear, Eliza at indra.com.

- --Kathryn
SCA:  Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"