HNW - Heart of Cross Stitch Festival

Carl/Anne Adamczyk ladygrania at juno.com
Sat Jun 19 14:27:54 PDT 1999

Greetings fellow stitchers!

I just returned from a short trip to the Heart of Cross Stitch Festival
being held over the last 4 days in Cherry Hill, NJ.

I didn't take any classes.  The costs were way too prohibitive for my
pocketbook.  I did get in on the Marketplace.  I was fortunate to meet
and talk with Linn Skinner, who presented a class in blackwork.  Her
booth was lush with blackwork books and patterns.  It was a pleasure to
meet her.

I perused the rest of the merchant area.  I picked up a missed back issue
of New Stitches magazine, a real treasure.  I also purchased some cute
charts by Dragon Designs.  I splurged and bought a book on Ruskin and
Linen Laces.

All of the major suppliers were there, including Nordic Needle,
Herrschners, and DMC.  Kits and charts were plentiful but floss,
especially silk was in short supply.
The program booklet had a listing of all the vendors with their addresses
and website addresses.

I consider the trip to be an afternoon well spent.  If you get a chance,
go to www.heartofcrossstitch and see the website.  There are a few more
cities that the festival is going to be visiting and the website offers a
print and cut discount coupon for the marketplace.  Happy stitching.

Grania