HNW - filet lace supplies

Carl/Anne Adamczyk ladygrania at juno.com
Tue Jun 22 19:39:00 PDT 1999

I used some of the advice from Carol Ambuter's book, The Open Canvas, and
pulled alternating threads out of mono needlepoint canvas.  It requires
that you reweave the ends of the remaining filaments back into the mesh
and then over casting the entire mesh, a technique for which she gives
detailed instructions.
It really doesn't take any longer than waiting for the arrival of mail
order and can be easily obtained. A 14 hpi mono will give you
approximately 7 squares/inch after withdrawing the threads.
The exact citation is The Open Canvas, Carolyn Ambuter, Workman
Publishing,  708 Broadway, New York, 10003.  ISBN: 0-89480-170-8.

Grania