HNW - filet lace supplies

Sarah Randles s-randles at adfa.edu.au
Wed Jun 23 21:17:46 PDT 1999

>But the on-line catalog has the netting.  6/in for $14.50; 9/in for $36.
>Ouch.

Are these prices for a yard, or metre?  And if so, how wide is it?

I have been meaning to try filet lace, and didn't realise there was an
option that didn't include making the net myself.

The Worshipful Company of Broderers (the SCA Australia Needleworkers'
Guild) have a needle-lace competition coming up, so it might be reasonable
for us to order some for cutting into smaller chunks and on-selling if
there's enough interest.

Sarah

Sarah Randles                                    email: s-randles at adfa.edu.au
School of English                              phone: 02 6268 8842
University College ADFA                 fax:   02 6268 8899
Canberra ACT 2601
AUSTRALIA

Note: on Mondays and Tuesdays I work at the Australian National Dictionary
Centre - phone: (02) 6249 0476.