HNW - filet lace supplies

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Thu Jun 24 08:37:41 PDT 1999

Dear Sarah:

<I have been meaning to try filet lace, and didn't realise there was an
option that didn't include making the net myself.>

Believe me, I wsa thrilled when I found the machine made net in that packet
all those years ago. It was the only packet left or I would have bought
more. I was also deterred from lacis because I thought I would *have* to
use cloth stitch to get a good result, and I was tired of reading books
which mentioned how *neat* it was that it was so complicated. :-(  I seem
to constantly read about how the Renaissance ladies, who liked puzzles,
woudl enjoy figuring out how to make the thread come out to where they next
needed it. At the moment, being puzzle challenged, I am enjoying the
simplicity of reprise stitch.

- --Kathryn
SCA:  Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries....too little time"