HNW - Needlework in England/Ireland

Carol Thomas scbooks at neca.com
Tue Jun 29 14:58:59 PDT 1999

>Hello.  I'm going to Ireland and Southern England in
>the fall.  I dearly wish I could get to Hardwick
>Hall, but alas, I won't be that far north.  Can
>anybody
>recommend places to see medieval and renaissance
>needlework, _especially_ needlepoint/canvas work?
>Thanks.
>
>Kristen Morgaine Sieber
>lady_gawain at yahoo.com

The Victoria and Albert in London has tent stitch, and a wide variety of
other types in their collection.  There are pieces on open display, but
also a room with many pieces behind glass.  Pick out what you want to look
at, carry it to a special table and drool!

Take a camera and some way to stabilize it for taking pictures in ordinary
room light (like a bag of rice that you can set on the tops of 2 chairs
pushed back to back, and set the camera on that).

Carllein

Small Churl Books catalog: http://www.neca.com/~scbooks/
Last updated: 5-12-99