HNW - Buying Antique Lace

Mike Newell 72123.411 at compuserve.com
Wed Jun 30 12:09:07 PDT 1999

Dear JLynch (name?)

<Remember to store it rolled, with a non-acid padding (I use neutral
buffered interleafing, which you can get from any good bookbinding source).
 Or frame it (also acid free).>

Thanks for this tip! I don't collect antique textiles so any advice is
helpful. Our "new" home (1889) has a nice dry attiic, where I plan to store
costume and fabric if necessary.

To be honest, I thought to display  the lacis  on my eventual
sideboard--the antique store has it on an antique sideboard with dishes on
it, so I'll have to remove a lot of items to get the runner out from
under.. From your reaction I gather I  shouldn't.. Oh, well.

<You can make a good photocopy with a contrasting colored paper behind.
You can then use the photocopy to chart!>

Wow, thanks for this advice, too!

- --Kathryn
SCA:  Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"