HNW - Hardanger Embroidery

Marquez, Pearl pmarquez at psco.com
Mon May 3 07:06:41 PDT 1999

Thank you to all who responded concerning Hardanger Embroidery.  I am
still confused, but now I have more books referenced to look up and
continue to research.

I was not aware that this was not just an SCA list, so using "period" in
my original question, "was hardanger period", may have confused some
people.  'Period' - would be prior to 1650,preferably,prior to 1600.

>From the response I got it would appear that Hardanger is not period,
although it has roots in cutwork, cutwork it not what I'm interested in.
I will try to get hold of some of the reading material that people
listed and see if I can get a definite answer, and if at anytime someone
comes up with any other book titles, please send it onto the list.

thanks again, pearl